About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day...

I had barely pulled out of the driveway of this garage sale as I am whipping out my cell phone to call my Mom. "Mom...you are never going to be believe it. Guess what I just found!" "What?" (my Mom knows that I get excited over a lot of things...so one can never guess exactly what road I am taking her down) "O.k....so you know what a Viking sewing machine is, right?" Oh yeah was all she said. (For those of you who don't really sew that much it is top of the line sewing machine. I inherited an older Singer sewing machine almost 16 years ago and while it's a very good machine I have only wished and dreamed of getting a VERY fancy one) "Well, I just got one at a garage sale...a Viking sewing machine. Can you believe it!!" For several minutes after that we oohed and ahhed and we planned out what to do with it in her upcoming visit to my house.

I love the fact that of all the people I could have called...it was her. I love that I still have my Mom and can enjoy these little things in life with her.

Finally, I hung up the phone with her and my kids started yelling "Happy Mother's day!" (technically "they" gave me the sewing machine as a Mother's Day gift...since they can't drive...I still get to pick out my own gift) I just hooped and hollered with delight at the thought of a brand new sewing machine. Thank you kids...and thank you Mom...for always being there.

Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Sweetheart...I'm glad you still have me too! I can't wait for my visit and time with you and my precious grandbabies! Of course, you might want to check my luggage when I pack to go home...(*cheshire grin*)...it might be as heavy as a Viking sewing machine! Oops...I mean we'll just have LOTS of fun sewing when I'm there!

    I love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete