About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Adoption through the eyes of a 5 year old...

Today is November 18th...our court date. O.k., actually the entire process probably took place in the middle of the night sometime last night as we slept. Oh, it is agonizing to not know either way...we are just so close to being done. So to keep my mind off of what is at hand, I thought you would enjoy a conversation I had with my smallest last night after bath time. It's adoption through the eyes of a 5 year old....

"Mom, where do they get all of the kids?" my smallest one asked. "What kids?" I asked scrambling to figure out what she was talking about (5 year olds change subjects like the wind...). "You know...the brown ones?" "Oh..." I knew instantly she meant the kids at the adoption center where our son is located. "Each child has a Mommy that had him from her tummy and she just didn't have enough money or food to take care of him. So she loved him so much that she wanted him to grow up with food, clothes and a big, loud family that would love him just as much as she did and would never let him forget about her." "So how many kids are there?", my little one asked. "There are lots and lots of them that need a family to love them." She thought for a very long time and then finally said...

"So this is going to take us a while, huh?"

No comments:

Post a Comment