About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Going vertical….

Wait?!  Is that our house?

I crested the hill on the way to our farm and there in the distance was our house.  It sits on top of a hill in the middle of our farm.  We angled the house so we could overlook the orchard.  In the spring it will be beautiful with all of the apple blossoms in bloom.  For now, you see miles of beautiful farmland all around.

The last time we went out to our farm was a little over a month ago and they had just poured our basement.  Trust me….it's a little bit hard to "see" a house when all you've got is concrete.  But now.  Now, we are going vertical.

The framers have been working for a couple of weeks and I'm pretty sure they have never seen a grown woman squeal so loudly with delight at wood and some kind of builder's wrap thingy all put together in a neat package we affectionally call our farmhouse.

"Homeowner."  I heard one of them say as he pointed over his shoulder.

Me?

Well….I just couldn't stop smiling.  It is absolutely beautiful.  At least to me it is.  And it's just getting started.





No comments:

Post a Comment