About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Saturday, August 1, 2015

23 years and counting...

Spent the day with my favorite date in the whole wide world today.  Actually he's been my only date for longer than these past 23 years.

We were putting on our front porch deck all day today in the scorching heat.  Sweaty and hot, he still makes me laugh and catches me when I fall.  Okay, that's not technically correct.  I fell through the deck boards in front of him and he just looked at me and about laughed.

I. Did. Not. Laugh.

Ahem.  Any-hoo.  I am crazy about this man.  Ya wanna know why?  Because at the end of the day I remember why I married him 23 years ago today.  Why I agreed to say yes for ever and ever amen.  Why I got so lucky to have my best friend and greatest cheerleader….even though he knows I am highly accident-prone and a bonehead and failing as a farmer right now.  He loves me.  For me.

And that's why 23 years seems like a blink of an eye.  I can't wait to see what else is in store for us.  Bandaids and all.

I love ya, babe.


No comments:

Post a Comment