About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Monday, February 10, 2014

Today I cooked my Halloween pumpkin….

Oh yeah, you read that right.  I cooked…okay, technically roasted is the term...my Halloween pumpkin.

Crazy?  Yes, I know.



Or at least that's what my husband thought I was, when I put all of our Halloween pumpkins over to one side in the garage in late November.  I'm sure he thought they were going to rot and smell and decompose right then and there.  But the truth of the matter is that, a pumpkin is a melon and believe it or not can be perfectly preserved in a very cool/cold area for many, many months before any type of decomposition ever takes place.


You see….by placing them outside where it's basically freezing, I just slowed down the process.  Plus, I bought me some time.  Because at that moment in November, I didn't want to deal with cooking 4 large pumpkins, figuring out where to put all that puree in my freezer, and/or cook a bazillion things with pumpkin.

So today, on my time, I finally roasted one of them up and will make pumpkin muffins with cream cheese icing (this recipe).  It's just what we all need here in the depths of a very cold winter.

And it's a good thing I've got a few more pumpkins to use, because winter here….

 is never going to end.





No comments:

Post a Comment