About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Lunchtime conversation...

The kids and I sat down to eat our lunch today and here's how our conversation went...

My oldest girl (11 yrs): Did you know (talking to her older brother) that they have a magazine at the library on space? It's true I looked at it and it said "Mars, everything you need to know about it?" But I put it back because I didn't understand it.

My oldest boy (12 yrs): It was about Mars. How could you not understand it? It said it on the cover.

Oldest girl: I know but it had lots of technical words in it. Do you know all the words you read?

Oldest boy: Probably.

Oldest girl: There is no way that you know all the words in every magazine. They have a magazine for running and gardening and trees and traveling and cars and...

Mom (trying to put an end to this escalating conversation): O.k., we get it. We know that they have a magazine for everything.

My smallest girl (6 yrs): You mean they have a magazine for mermaids!

...thump....thump...thump...(sound of Mom's head hitting the lunch table)

Mom: I give up...

No comments:

Post a Comment