About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Friday, January 14, 2011

4 ounces...


Yesterday our little one had his two year checkup at the doctor. He's been doing great overall and is very healthy except in one area...his weight. That poor boy can't gain weight to save his life. Since our last visit to the doctor (which was in August) he only gained 4 ounces...4 ounces, people. We've been stuck on 22 for quite some time.

Now, I have to tell you that I have been cooking up a storm with stuff like "real butter" and adding oil and all the fattening things to his diet I can think of...and yet still he only gains 4 ounces. The doctor glanced at his chart and said, "Well, I really was hoping that he would be a few pounds heavier since last time...he really needs 2-3 more pounds." Smiling, I held up my hand and pointed to my thighs. "Uh, I'm pretty sure I know where to find those pounds."

Well, at least I know it's not my cooking...

No comments:

Post a Comment