About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Wow...that's loud!

A little while ago a big hail storm came through where we live. We lost a boatload of tree limbs and leaves, plants and even parts of my garden...wiped out. A few days later I noticed some water damage upstairs in my daughter's room. Long story short...we had to have a new roof. Being that I'm not quite knowledgeable in the roofing field and have a fear of careening off steep high places, I called a roofing company.

Today was the day for them to be here...and if I had any doubt, all I had to do was wait two seconds for the loud pounding to start up again. I mean crazy loud...super duper uper loud. It was at this time I realized two things....

One...hail storms can wipe out a roof in less than two minutes

and two...you will lose your hearing if you don't leave your house while they put the new roof on.

(Or at least your mind...because the constant banging for hours and hours and hours and hours will drive you C-R-A-Z-Y)

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate!! The noise here was horrible when we had our new roof put on. I am so sorry Dianne had to experience it at both our homes! At least no more leaks :)

    ReplyDelete