About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Friday, April 3, 2009

...in the form of a little white dog

I believe God has a great sense of humor...he must. I also believe he puts certain things in our path...to teach us a lesson. My lesson comes in the form of a little white dog.

You see, four or five houses ago (we relocate a lot...) we had some neighbors that had a "little white dog". Now, I don't even want to mention the breed for fear of an uprising straight to my house...but really that doesn't matter. This little white dog barked and barked and barked. The neighbors just allowed it at all hours. So I complained to God about this dog (really...it drove me crazy...I know you know what I mean, so don't even tell me you don't). Low and behold...God showed up to teach me a lesson...we relocated. To another city and another house...with a little white dog. THE SAME KIND OF LITTLE WHITE DOG!!!! Well, I thought the first one was a fluke...surely, this couldn't happen again. Oh, yeah...it can when God's involved. Well, I of course...complained again. I am a bit hard-headed at times (...apparently). Again, you can imagine what happened...that's right...we relocated...to another house...with a little white dog....did I mention that it was the same breed? I am not making this up!!! This has happened at every house since I complained.

So just yesterday I met our new neighbors at our present house and you are not going to believe it...out from behind them came...oh yeah, that's right...two little white dogs! I just laughed out loud till I almost cried. Of course, they asked me what's so funny. I couldn't help but tell them...

God showed up...in the form of a little white dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment