I can’t remember the last time I used a dial-up internet connection, but I’ve learned that in Ethiopia, you’ve got to be quick because you could lose your connection at any moment. So here’s an update in bullet format…
- Left for Ethiopia in a blizzard… one of only three planes to leave the Des Moines airport that morning.
- Missed all connections… had to re-route (lost one of our bags of luggage in the process).
- Landed in Ethiopia after 40 hours of travel… still no luggage so none of our clothes arrived with us.
- Slept on a bed as hard as a board… no kidding… but happy to be here!
- Met our son the next day, so worth all of the trouble to get here… we got the happiest one!
- Next day, still no luggage… had to go shopping for a pair of pants and a shirt (getting tired of the same clothes)
- Played with our son… did I mention that he’s REALLY cute and VERY happy?
- Got to meet the birth mother… very emotional meeting for everyone, but definitely glad we did it.
- Not doing well with the food… coming back skinnier (new Ethiopian diet!)… still no luggage.
- It’s Sunday today and we’re now resting… waiting for the chance to see our son again tomorrow!
There you go – the fastest update ever from the country of Ethiopia!