About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Do you know how this stuff works??

Yesterday I stood dumbfounded in the aisle. Apparently, they make a lot of them...in all different kinds. You can get it pre-made or powder, with soy or with some kind of booster for the brain or some kind of growth thing. I looked at the kids and said, "Any suggestions?". They just smiled and shrugged their shoulders.

It's funny if you think about it. Here I am a mother of three "home grown" kids (11, 10 and a 5 year old) and yet I have never in my life bought formula or even a bottle (and apparently there are tons of those as well). I nursed all my children for the first year of their life and then they went straight to the sippy cup - it was quite easy to say the least.

So here I am standing in the formula aisle and I look over and see a very young mother of a small baby. I smiled in her direction and asked..."Do you know how this stuff works?"

Her face was priceless...

1 comment:

  1. Now, that made me laugh! Loved it in fact. Especially your asking my grandchildren if they had any idea. I'm flying in on Sunday...I'll help you figure it out!

    Love and miss you and see you soon!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete