About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas + a Toddler = Super Glue


Christmas is my favorite time of the year. I just love everything about it...however...put a room full of twinkly, shiny objects all around a toddler and you've got yourself a recipe for disaster.

Our newest little one is making his way through his actual first Christmas holiday (where he is on the move I should say...last year he couldn't even sit up) and is seeing everything "up close and personal" for the first time. Here is where I should mention that he is leaving a wake of destruction that only a mountain of super glue can put back together.

Yesterday, it was the ceramic manager scene I had just taken it out of the box when low and behold around the corner he came. With a wink and a flash, he grabbed Joseph and off popped his head falling down and taking out baby Jesus' hand. As I scooped him up within a second, down dropped Joseph's body and took out the staff on the shepherd and one of the sheep's ears. If the stable had fallen in, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been surprised. I guess I can't blame him though...as I was gluing Joseph back together I noticed that I had super glued his arm back on a few years back...that one was thanks to his older brother and his "toddler years".

Thank heavens for super glue during the holidays...I'm not sure my manager scene (or any other decorations for that matter) would make it through without it.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that big happy smile and those precious dimples...totally oblivious to poor Joseph and any shepherds! I can still hear him saying "Grandmom" and see him lifting those arms and saying "up". I miss all of you already!

    Love and miss you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete