About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Allow me to translate...

With being a Mom, over the years I have acquired some interesting and somewhat unique abilities. One might say that it's a gift, really.

Number one: I have eyes in the back of my head (I CAN SEE -make no doubt about it - if a child is about to get into trouble).

Number two: I have super sonic hearing (again, with the child about to get into trouble...I have four, it's bound to happen you know).

Finally, here's the best part, Number three: I... can... speak... three... year... old. I know, I know. You are impressed and some of you might have some doubts. So allow me to translate...

"Mom, there's bunder and flighting outside".... (translation: thunder and lighting)
"I mam"...(translation: I am)
"I want nunny nut eerios"...(translation: honey nut cheerios)
"Is my done?"...(translation: am I done?)
"Swimmers take your mark - boop" (translation: we spend too much time at swim meets)

I tell you that by the time I enter back into the corporate world I will a force to be reckoned with, especially with all of these supernatural gifts I will have on my resume.

No comments:

Post a Comment