About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Monday, April 2, 2012

I cannot...will not...please don't ever make me...

...wear colored socks!

Yes, I know it seems a bit unusual or let's just say it...weird. But it's the truth. Funny thing is that mismatched and colored socks seem to be all the rage right now. Alas...not for me.

I told my Mother this just a few days ago and here's her take on this "so called issue of mine" ..."I put you in colored socks when you were little - of course, you can wear colored socks". No Mom, I'm sorry to say...I can't.

Something has got to be wrong with me, because I tell you the very second I put on any type of color - other than white (which is technically devoid of any color at all) I will begin to break out into a cold sweat, hyperventilate, panic attack and in the end completely pass out. Okay, maybe that was a bit exaggerating, but you get the basic idea.

This issue is now being passed down to all of my children, my husband is excluded from this because...well, he is the normal one. However, each and every single one of my kids have only white socks in their dresser drawers. I think that they believe that's all they sell at Walmart. (With only one exception in my older son's drawers - he has a pair of khaki and dark blue socks for church).

...so maybe there's still hope for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment