About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Gardens...

Today was the day we went to the Dallas arboretum. It was another glorious day and the gardens were just beautiful. You might think that this place would be a little boring but seriously it's not.

Obviously there are a mountain of flowers to see, winding paths to go on, but they also have these cute playhouses that are designed around various artists that the kids can run around and play in. As well as they had brought in the work of a visiting artist who does these enormous blown glass sculptures which were all over this place. They were so cool. I'm not really a lover of abstract art, but this I really liked.



My little brother was able to take the afternoon off to spend with us and we had such a great family time. Tomorrow we will begin our trek back to our house, driving part of the way this time. It's never as much fun to leave as it is to go. It's times like these that I am so very thankful for my family and the time I get to spend with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment