About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Testing and prune cake...

For the past couple of days our kids have taken their annual standardize assessment tests. It's the same test that the entire state gives for public/private school kids. However, it is just administered to us later in the year with a bunch of other home schooled students.

With all that being said, I wanted the children this morning to have a good breakfast so that they would be geared and ready to go for their test. So last night, I made a prune cake for breakfast. It smelled wonderful all through the house. It looked so good with it's "candied" icing. And believe me, the next morning it tasted oh, so very good.

However, at the very mention of the word prune, my little girl wanted nothing to do with that cake. I even had her taste it....which I think she really did kind of like it, but still...she just couldn't get past the word prune. Since when did that poor ol' fruit get such a bad rap.

Well, I'll have to philosophize more about the prune later I guess. For now, the kids are home, decompressing and playing downstairs and I promised them I'd make them some "knock your socks off" brownies for snack. Happy Friday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment