About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Friday, April 20, 2012

Heading South...

We awoke this morning to temps in the 30s.  Ugh!  Is it ever going to get warm and STAY warm.  I guess I really can't complain too much.  We have had a very mild winter, but personally, I am a warm weather person and I am ready for that warmth to come and stay.  Probably stems from me being born and raised in the south.  I love the heat, humidity (okay, maybe not that as much), the early flowers and long summers. 

So the kids and I have decided to go South for a little while...a little while meaning about 5 or 6 days.  My little brother and his wonderful wife had their first baby about 9 months ago, then transferred from Chicago to Dallas....and now, I just can't wait any longer to meet my new niece. So, like the crazy person I am, I've decided to pack 4 kids in one van, drive the 12 hours (without my husband) just so I can hold that baby.  The good news is that my mother will be flying out that same week to also be with us at my brother's house.  Can't wait!

Now the kids are use to travelling long distances, but I'm not usually the person doing the driving (what can I say...my husband spoils me).  So I'm going to look at this like an adventure.  Hopefully nothing will go wrong, because it's been a really long time since I've changed a tire, much less know anything about an engine (except that I know "where" it is).  So with a band of guardian angels travelling with us, we'll let you know how it goes as we are...

...heading south

1 comment:

  1. Needless to say, this Mom and Grandmom will be praying hard as you travel South in a van full of precious cargo!!!

    ReplyDelete