About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Flying solo...
















Today, my husband left on a business trip...which leaves me alone with one, two, three...oh, yeah that's right, four kids...all by myself. Thankfully, he doesn't have to be gone too terribly long but we still miss him while he's away. On some days, it's just nice to have "fresh troops" come walking through the door. Needless to say, while he's gone for the next few days I'm going to try and not get too stressed out about stuff here while he's gone.


Take for instance this afternoon...


The kids had a piano recital to be in (which I must admit was right in the middle of our little one's nap time). I strapped him in the stroller, gave him my camera phone to play with and prayed that our kids played first. YES!!! They did. So after filming what I could so Daddy could see it later, we strolled ourselves out of everyone else's way and out to the hallway. (I was only able to get a couple of pictures taken - you know juggling a video camera, a camera and a two year old is not always the easiest thing to do). Anyway, that bought us about an hour, but after that he was so done, tired and we had to leave. After celebrating with milkshakes we headed home, changed clothes and decided not to miss out on the beautiful day we were having here. So...we went on an extra long bike ride to a park. By the time we returned it was dinner, bath and time for bed. They were good and worn out. Yeah for me!!!


Now, it's on to day number two...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how I wish I were there to help entertain you all these next few days and especially there to enjoy the piano recital! SOON, thankfully my plane will be flying Midwest!

    Love and miss you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete