About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Traveling...

We live about 10 to 11 hours away from any family members. Translation for us...we spend a BOATLOAD of time in the car during the holidays. Our kids have grown up this way, so to them it's just a natural way of traveling...10, 11, 12 hours to get to any place. (this is a bonus though when we travel overseas...since those trips are really long, our kids are use to it)

Because of the time that we have spent in the car, we have become quite the proficient travellers. We know what works for us. What to take. What not to take. We can SQUEEEEEEZZZZEEE into one duffel usually to go places...granted it's a really LARGE duffel bag but still I can count it as one. If there is one thing that I've learned, it's the more people you have to get somewhere the less "stuff" you really truly have to have.

We also love to play games in the car...card and board games. My husband and I have battled each other more than once in the "Totally 80's" trivia game (dorky, I know...but what can we say, we are a product of the 80's). On this account he had just won this game with his oh, so masculine "care bear". I was the "trapper keeper". If you are a product of the 80's then you know what I'm talking about...if not, then you are making me feel VERY old.

No comments:

Post a Comment