About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Thursday, January 9, 2014

The best cookie ever….

Or at least that's what my husband has proclaimed.  That this is it.  Quit looking for any other cookie recipe, you have found the ultimate cookie here.

Me, well…. I do think it's a really good cookie.  But the best?  Hmmm, I'm kind of partial to the chocolate chip cookie.  I know, I know, boring, right?…. but I still really love them.  My man…well, he loves this one.   So try it and tell me what you think.

Is it the best cookie ever?

Double Lemon Delights (recipe credit:  From the Great American Cookie Cookbook)

I usually double and triple this recipe because it just doesn't make enough for our big family to last more than a day or so.

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
  Additional sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
4 to 5 teaspoons lemon juice

1.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

2.  Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl; set aside.  Beat butter and granulated sugar in large bowl of electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.  Beat in egg, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and vanilla until well blended.  Beat in flour mixture on low speed until blended.

3.  Drop dough by level 1/4 cupfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets, spacing 3 inches apart.  Flatten dough until 3 inches in diameter with bottom of glass that has been dipped in additional sugar.

4.  Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until cookies are just set and edges are golden brown.  Cool on cookie sheets 2 minutes; transfer to wire racks.  Cool completely.

5.  Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl; drizzle mixture over cookies.  Let stand until icing is set.

   Makes about 1 dozen (4-inch) cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment