Me, well…. I do think it's a really good cookie. But the best? Hmmm, I'm kind of partial to the chocolate chip cookie. I know, I know, boring, right?…. but I still really love them. My man…well, he loves this one. So try it and tell me what you think.
Is it the best cookie ever?
Double Lemon Delights (recipe credit: From the Great American Cookie Cookbook)
I usually double and triple this recipe because it just doesn't make enough for our big family to last more than a day or so.
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup powdered sugar
4 to 5 teaspoons lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl; set aside. Beat butter and granulated sugar in large bowl of electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and vanilla until well blended. Beat in flour mixture on low speed until blended.
3. Drop dough by level 1/4 cupfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets, spacing 3 inches apart. Flatten dough until 3 inches in diameter with bottom of glass that has been dipped in additional sugar.
4. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until cookies are just set and edges are golden brown. Cool on cookie sheets 2 minutes; transfer to wire racks. Cool completely.
5. Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl; drizzle mixture over cookies. Let stand until icing is set.
Makes about 1 dozen (4-inch) cookies