About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Friday, May 8, 2015

So tired of shopping….

I am not a shopper.

There I said it.  I don't like to shop.  I'll go to the grocery because there is that whole you have to eat in order to survive kind of thing going on.  And I'll do the occasional online shopping for things, but I really do not like going into store after store to pick things out.

Wanna torture me?  Make me go Christmas shopping…..at the mall!

So needless to say, this past week I am just gonna say it….was painful.  I have looked at a bazillion lighting books, flooring books, carpet samples and tile.  Oh, don't even get me started on that.  There are so many tile options that it should be outlawed in all 50 states.

I am just plain worn out.  I would rather spend a day grinding out the weeds in the summer heat than to shop for all of this again.  There are a thousand….and one……different things you must think about, plan out and search out in order to get this house done.

They finished putting in the insulation this week and I believe drywall is next week.  Walls, people.  We are about to get walls.  How cool is that?!  We are nearing the last few sections left on our outline that our builder gave us.  Next is the drywall phase and then it's millwork/trim phase and finally the final phase.  Which translates to me to mean….okay, gimme my key so I can move in, please.  Eight months is a long time to wait for a house.

So we just got to keep on chugging to the finish line.  Keep on picking out stuff.  And hope we're making the right choice.

A farmhouse, people.  That's what we're creating here.  And it's gonna be awesome…..I hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment