About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

38 days away….

We have rounded the last bend.  I see the finish line.  We are 38 days away from getting into our house.  Maybe sooner.

Let me hear ya say….Yay!

This farmhouse has been a REALLY long time coming.  We looked for more than probably 2 years for a piece of land with a house that could meet our needs.  With nothing coming up.  Nope.  Nada.

Then, taking a chance on a small farm with a run down farmhouse already on it, we dove right in.

The farm was a mess.  Trees so overgrown you couldn't see the base of them.  Apple trees with dead branches that were oh, so neglected.  A barn….well, let's just not go there shall we.  Okay, because I love and hate that thing.  Let's talk about it.  It's leaning….a little.  Alright, the floor inside leans A LOT.  We have a fox that lives in it. It desperately needs a new roof.  It smells funny.  And not like funny ha, ha.  But funny weird.  Ah….but it's a barn with history.  It dates back to the early 1900's.  They just don't make them like that anymore.  And if they did I just couldn't afford to have it built.

So the barn is staying.  Of course, it's surrounded by the evil plant poison ivy but I'm working on eradicating that one.

Anyway…

This farm pulled at my heart.  This overgrown, mountain amount of work, crazy idea of a farm became ours.  And now.

We are almost done.  Building our dream home.

The painters have been there for the past couple of weeks.  And when you hold your breath you can go through the house and see all of the beautiful staining they have done.  I've tried a couple of times to take pictures of the inside but everything now has a thin plastic sheet on it.  So it's hard to tell anything.  The ceilings are getting painted now.  And I guess the last thing is the wall color.

The flooring people will soon follow, alongside the tilers and about every other person who has to come in at the last minute.

Today I had to decide on the driveway and how it was to come into the property.  I'm sure the blank look on my face said it all to my contractor.  And then to add fuel to the fire, he asked me about my walkway from the front porch to the driveway.

Bang, bang, bang….head hitting the wall.  I'm beginning to feel myself slowly start to shut down.  My brain cells can no longer function at this magnitude.  There is a limit to my decision-making.

And….I….am….reaching…..it.

38 days….5 hours…..42 minutes…...36, 35, 34….seconds.  Of not ever having to make a decision where a light plug, toilet, door frame, driveway or anything else goes.

Oh, wait.  I have to unpack all of the boxes we move into the house.  Ugh….

If anybody needs me….I'll be up in my room in a fetal position.


No comments:

Post a Comment