About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Monday, July 6, 2015

Freak of nature….

We are back now from a lovely vacation.  Never long enough, of course.  And never enough rest time.  But rest is overrated for farmers.  And farm work was screaming our name when we got home.

We got back into the swing of things rather quickly.  My husband went to work mowing, and mowing and more mowing.  Things can get away from you quickly on six acres if you are away for a week.

And then….he broke the mower blade.  Again.

The guys at the John Deere dealership know our farm by heart I believe.  To his defense though, it is incredibly hard to mow around a construction site.  I have hit so many things I've lost count.

I was trimming around the farm and got myself into some poison ivy.  Again.  We are quite the pair aren't we?  I've already had it once this year so I've been quite diligent on watching out for it, but this stuff must have been pretty well hidden.  Because I am right back where I started again.

But that's not the worst part.  Nope.

This time I have a line of it across my forehead.  If I wasn't a freak of nature before, then let's just put a tiara on it that screams….yes, I have no clue what I'm doing farming.




No comments:

Post a Comment