About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Friday, March 20, 2009

This same time every year...

About this same time every year...I lose my husband. No, I know where he is location wise. And believe it or not...it's not far. It's in front of our TV watching basketball. You see, my husband LOVES college basketball. He lives and breathes for this time of year. He can simultaneously keep up with all of the games being played on TV as well as the umpteen brackets he has filled out. This to me is an unbelievable feat...since he has trouble understanding how to change the roll of toilet paper (but that's another story).

We've been married for over 16 years so I came to terms with this obsession years ago and because I am crazy in love with him I make the best of it every year and not complain. So this year (while I'm a "basketball widow" for a few weeks) I decided that I would try my hand at making pies. So far I've made a Lemon pie, Kentucky pie and tonight I made a Strawberry pie. When that's gone...I've got my eye on a Peach Cream pie.

So ladies...if you happen to be in the same boat as me and you lose your husbands this same time every year...try pies. While it can't get you the remote control back, you can at least see your husband for a second while he grabs a slice of pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment