About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Has anybody seen my lunch?...

Some days I think my life is much like one big comedy routine...except for the fact that no one ever gave me the script to approve. Case in point...One day this past week I finally got our little boy down for his nap and I sat down to eat my lunch. Now, I had gotten only about two bites of my breakfast this certain morning so I was quite excited to eat the microwavable meal I had just heated up. After a few minutes of eating, the phone rang and I jumped up to answer it.

Now, you have to understand that I was gone from my lunch for maybe five minutes...at the most. When I came back around the corner, my plate was still there but my lunch (you know, the microwavable tray) was gone from the plate. I looked around for a moment and thought..."Did I eat my lunch and throw it away?". I looked under things and all through the kitchen. I don't feel full..."Kids did you see me eat my lunch?". "No, mom." O.k., I guess I'm more sleep deprived than I thought. Hmmm, what did I do with my lunch?

At this point, I saw out of the corner of my eye the tray hidden under the pillows on the floor...licked clean, I might add. I picked up the tray and walked around the corner to where the dog slept quietly on the floor (probably pretending to be asleep...) when I noticed the tiny oriental rice located on top of her nose. UGH!!!!

1 comment:

  1. This would be the same adorable dog who gets the premium IAMS DOG FOOD and absolutely NO people food! She must have thought she'd died and gone to puppy heaven...and then had to work at looking innocent. She's welcome to visit Grandmom in Oregon for while... :-)

    Miss and love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete