About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Really...we had given up all hope


The doorbell rang this morning and as I opened the door I was greeted by a delivery man and something I thought in this lifetime I would never again see...our luggage. Yes, you read that right - our luggage.

We left for Ethiopia on December 9th and got back home on the 19th and finally our luggage came to our door on January 8th. The first words I said to him were..."Holy cow, where in the world did you get that?". "I really don't know ma'am, but I think you've been needing this for quite sometime". "Ya' think." My favorite part was when I looked down and saw on the handle that they had tagged the suitcase "RUSH"...maybe they need some lessons in what that word really does mean.

Now, it's hard not too get too teary eyed about this piece of luggage, because in it was filled with all of mine and my husband's Christmas presents to each other. We had exchanged presents early so we could take our new clothes with us on our trip. So it was excitement all around this morning - new clothes and old underwear...it's a great day!


2 comments: