About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Oh no, here we go again...

I must be going crazy. No way around it...I really must be crazy. Yesterday I decided to take all four kids out to the grocery. Sounds simple, right? Well, in theory yes...reality, no. Maybe I was thinking that it would be nice to get out of the house for a little while. And yet it's on days like this, I am reminded of "why" they don't need to let me out of the house. Case in point...

After we had shopped for almost an hour in the grocery store, we began to head towards the checkout line when coming straight towards us was a lady with the biggest grin on her face just waving frantically like she had not seen us in ages. (Remember I am extremely sleep deprived here...) I half smile and look around to make sure it's us that she's coming to. Yep, sure enough. Finally she reaches us and just hugs us all. Still half smiling, I weakly said "hi". "Hey, how are you?" she asks joyfully. I still must have looked blankly at her when she said, "It's Laura".

Suddenly, it was like someone had turned on the light in my brain. "Oh, Laura", I said, realizing that I was way more tired than I ever imagined. I mean here was a good friend of mine and I couldn't even remember who she was. We chatted for a little bit more time and then the kids and I went to get in the checkout line. I was feeling just awful at not being able to remember her and laughing at myself at the same time. As we loaded the groceries back into the cart, I looked up and saw someone new coming into the line with the biggest grin on her face waving frantically at us.

Oh no, here we go again....

No comments:

Post a Comment