About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Learning as we go along...



Ask any one of my good friends and they will all tell you what I'm most scared about lately with my new little son...o.k., actually it petrifies me...his hair. Now, I fully believe that God made everyone of us special and unique. For example, I have two very different girls - one with wild curly hair and one with very straight hair. For each head of hair you must comb, wash and treat it differently. But our newest little one's hair (African hair), now that's something completely new to me. I mean his head is covered in thousands of these tight little curls which are incredibly soft and oh so cute...but really, let's face it...I have no clue what to do to take care of them.

The other day when I was shopping for shampoo and conditioner, I realized I had no idea what a neutralizer and a relaxer even were. I had to go home and google it...funny if you really think about it. I am so afraid that I will mess his beautiful hair up and it will end up looking much like a tumbleweed.


And don't even get me started on cutting his hair...I don't even know where to begin on that one...comb, scissors, clippers...who knows. My husband says that we'll just call him "Mr. Fro" but I don't really think big hair is back in style yet. So until we can bring back an entire hair movement, I guess we'll just learn as we go along...

No comments:

Post a Comment