About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

You'll be out of there in no time...

Yesterday was the "dentist day" for our family. Crazy as it may sound, it's sometimes easier if I schedule all the kids and myself to have appointments all at the same time. Of course I should mention that I also scheduled this appointment six months ago...before I had one, two, three, oh that's right...four kids. As I was driving there I really had no idea how this was going to work out. Our little boy is incredibly active and busy right now that I was wondering how in the world I was going to contain him much less entertain him while they cleaned my teeth. Needless to say, it was interesting.

When we arrived at the office the dentist, first called...me (of course...my plan of action still not in place). So I took my oldest son back with me to hold the baby and entertain when he could. I got onto the couch/seat (whatever they call that long thing you get your teeth cleaned on) and they were just starting to clean my teeth when my son was called back for his turn.

O.k., on to plan B. Next in line was my oldest girl. She played for a whooping 2 minutes with the baby before she was called back for her turn. O.k., I didn't think about using plan C but here goes. Last in line was our smallest. She barely walked into the room to play with the baby before she was called for her turn. Oh, of all the days for the dentist to play "catch-up on their appointments".

So there I was with an active one year old sitting on my lap while I lay reclining back, mouth wide open trying to keep him happy and the dentist asking me how I'm doing. Hmmm...did I look like I was doing o.k.? But here's what I found out real fast. If you want to make your dentist hurry the cleaning process up, put a drooling, spitting baby on your lap while you lay reclining back with your mouth wide open filled with toothpaste and unable to calm or play with him...all the while all your other kids are asking you questions from the other rooms.

Yep, you'll be out of there in no time...

1 comment:

  1. I see it. I have a mental picture of the whole thing...and I'm still laughing!!!

    Miss and love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete