About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Unbreakable...

It's been a long time since I've been this sick. You know, the kind of sick that you wish a bus would run over you or the "rapture" would hurry up and come. It's so incredibly rare that my husband has taken to calling me the "unbreakable" one in our house. You know why that is, don't you? Because when I'm sick, here's how it goes...

Child (any child): Mom! (yelling) Mom! (more yelling) Has anybody seen mom?

Me: (trying very hard to lay on the couch for just one second)

Child: She's on the couch. Oh goody, let's read a book.

Another child: No, she wants to play Barbie's with me.

Another child: There you are Mom, I need help with my math.

Finally another child...I've got 4: Mom, what are you doing? Don't we have to be a swim practice soon? And what's for dinner, I'm hungry?

Unbreakable...seems to be the better choice. But for now, with me being this sick, I'm just praying with all my might for the rapture to come...you guys better get ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment