About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy Birthday my 14 year old...

It seems to me that my son is getting taller, and taller and TALLER every single birthday. I tell him all the time that he's like some sort of freak of nature because of his height...but know this... it's all out of love.

Today was his 14th birthday. He was easy to please on this one. All he wanted was books, books and more books. Between the books we gave to him and the ones my mother sent to him he practically will be set for a month...or at least a week...given how fast that boy reads. He is such a teenager right now. He loves to make people laugh and is always coming up with an "idea" on how to enter a room...your guess is as good as mine on that one. He's into basically whatever his Dad is into at the moment and loves to spend time with him. That to me is a good thing...a son always needs his Dad. He is also such an easy to please child. He didn't even complain when we "reused" the Cars birthday tablecloth for his birthday...of course, that confused our little boy something fierce (he thought his turn was up again). He is a blessing to this family and will help out whenever I ask him to. I love that boy...all 856 feet of his wingspan. Happy 14th Birthday...we love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment