About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Friday, November 22, 2013

Wanna see my new toy?

So excited to have this...

It came in the mail yesterday.  It's my birthday, Christmas, Mother's day, May day, Easter until I die present.  Still....

I love it!

My last kitchen aid mixer was a 6 quart size (you can see it in the pictures in another post).  I loved it.  I just happened to love the fire out of it....twice.  We replaced the gears and motors once and then just recently I could tell the gears were damaged again.  I was only able to mix liquid with it....not good.  So I decided we needed to "pull out the big guns" and go for the commercial grade 7 quart mixer.  Surely I couldn't break something that is designed for high usage in restaurants, right?

So I begged, pleaded, smiled ever so sweetly, to my husband and told him that we could not go one more day on this planet without this mixer.  Okay, not true.  But I was trying...

Now you have to understand that I don't use a mixer like a normal human being would.  I use my mixer for EVERYTHING.  I don't buy breads anymore.  I make them all.  In the mixer.  I don't buy desserts, cookies, pie, anything sweet.  I make them all.  In the mixer.  I don't buy butter anymore.  I make it.  In the mixer.  I could go on and on.  

Basically I cook 3 meals a day, 7 days a week.  All.Year. Long.  We do not eat out (except when traveling).  I would rather save the money, eat at home and take great family vacations.  Plus, I can really control the quality of food my family eats.  

So you can see how I jumped with joy at my new toy.  Already today I'm making sourdough hamburger buns to go with our BBQ chicken for tonight.  Love it!

And thanks to my wonderful hubby... love you the most!

No comments:

Post a Comment