About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy thanksgiving from down on the farm...

We traveled all day yesterday to arrive late at my mother and father-in-laws farm. Thanksgiving on the farm. Could think of no better way to spend this holiday.

My husband's parents live on 180 acres basically in the middle of farm country.  I love it here. I was with my father-in-law the day he bought the farm at auction.  I was so nervous for him, but he looked so calm. He knew what he was doing.  He had a vision for his family.


 They worked for years at fixing up the old farmhouse which they lived in for several years.  After that he began building their dream home in the perfect spot on the farm...with his own two hands. It is impressive. Beautiful. Peaceful.  A wonderful place to come for the holidays.




This year we are so thankful to have this moment. Just a moment....to stop all of our busyness and rest. To look across the table and say thanks for all the blessings in this life God has given to us.  To be thankful that my husband's parents had this vision and that we are a part of it.


Have a blessed Thanksgiving holiday.

Rest.

Relax.

And enjoy your moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment