About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving aftermath….

What happened?

I blinked and Thanksgiving is over.

Seriously.  That seemed to me to be the fastest holiday on the planet.  Could I have a redo, please?  It's such a wonderful holiday to eat and eat and then go and eat some more.  Totally not good for you, but my kind of holiday for sure.  I love me some good eatin'.

Now….comes the aftermath.  The bazillion loads of laundry.  The suitcases and bags in the middle of the floor.  The van with a peculiar kind of smell (definitely need to find that one).  The grocery store that is about to go bankrupt since I haven't picked up my milk order yet.  And finally….

If that wasn't enough?

The Christmas decorations have emerged from the depths of the basement begging to be hung, lit up, taped up (oh yes we do…), and precariously placed all throughout the house.  Have mercy….this place is a disaster zone.

On my list of things to make today is yogurt, marshmallows, mayonnaise, bread and figure something out for dinner this evening.  Probably chicken pot pie.  Whew….

…it's good to be back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment