About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Monday, October 6, 2014

Did I tell you about the old well we found?

The other day when we were knee-deep in mowing and trimming we found one area that the previous owner had mowed around and had never trimmed back the weeds.  Upon further inspection, and the fact that I about fell into it, we found an abandoned well.

Ugh!  Just what every farm needs with a rambunctious 5 year old boy around.  You can tell a boy not to go near it, but then what do they want to do….go near it.  Crazy fearless things.

So while the company was here tearing down the house, we also had them take out the old septic tank and haul it away, as well as tear down a very old falling down garage.  We are going to use the concrete pad from that garage as our basketball court.  SWEET!

The old garage is located just behind these two.

Gone.  The pad is nestled in some really tall oak trees (which of course need to be trimmed) but it will be a great place for the kids to play basketball.

Anyway, back to the issue at hand…. the old septic tank just happened to be located nearby the old well and I asked the demolition company if they could put a couple of scoops of dirt (from the big ol' scooper thingy they had) into the well.  No problem.

It's just funny though.  Here I was so worried that my five year old would fall into the old well when I turn around and find my oldest in the hole where the house was.


What is it with boys and holes in the ground????




No comments:

Post a Comment