About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Friday, October 3, 2014

Today is a great day….


….to tear down a house.






Say what?

Yep, the old farmhouse bit the dust today.  I know.  I know.  It's a weird thing to do considering we just bought it and all.  I also know that some people are just crying out at the fact that we destroyed a 1920 piece of history.  But the truth be told, it was not worth saving at all.  Trust me.

For starters, it had no heat and no air and was extremely tiny.  We live in the Midwest, people, where we get snow for five, six, seven months of the year.  Ain't no fun without heat.  Secondly, the inside of the house had been remodeled, I think, somewhere in the late seventies, early eighties and they had stripped the house of any and all architectural details.  There was nothing.  Zip.  Nada.  Not even a doorknob that was original.  Nope.  Lastly, it smelled funny.  And not funny ha, ha, but funny weird.  Not cool, man.

So it had to go.

The house was in the perfect spot for our new house.  So now, we are working with our builder to design the best home for us.  Forever.  The more we work on the plans, the more excited I get.  My husband and I have never done this before so it's all very new to us.  The hardest part I'm sure is if I can stay within the budget.  Oooh, so many cool kitchen things.

So goodbye house, ya funny smellin' old thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment