About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Let me tell you about this one….

This one.


Is her Daddy….

Everything about her screams him.  She is determined, strong willed, self-motivated, and put her in the water and she will hunt…you….down.  Yet in her own rite, she is herself.  She loves animals.  To the point that we "need" to have every animal on the planet to make this farm complete.  She loves the Lord with all her heart.  And her kindness….oh, my goodness.  That child is the kindest person to anyone in need.



Lately, she has been busy.  Okay, technically that's the understatement of the year.  She has been swamped.

She takes her high school classes online through Stanford….yes, like the college.  She is just that smart.  Totally her Daddy on that one.  She has had a full load of courses this semester.  She is a great student and works LONG hours on her school.

If that's not enough, she has just finished up her Sophomore year in high school swimming.  Swimming everyday twice a day.  She had a great year!  She is a breaststroker.  Loves, loves, loves it.  She finally broke through the plateau she'd been at as far as her time was concerned on her last swim meet.  She swam a 1:13 on the 100 Breast.  She was ecstatic.  (If you're not a swimmer, this all might sound like greek to you…but trust me, it's a good thing)


You know, it's easy to forget the child that is so well-behaved, so smart, so responsible and so good and just focus on the ones that are "needing" your attention the most (i.e., a five year old who for the life of me, doesn't stop talking….ever).  But that's just not fair.

This one.


She is something special.  And she stole my heart 15 years ago.

So if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go and hug her.  She'll look at me like I've lost my mind.  I'll tell her "I wuv her" and that she's my "itty-bitty-cutie wootie" and how I'm so very proud of her.

Because that's just what this Momma does.


1 comment:

  1. I totally agree! She's the one who, at two years of age and being the tiny little thing she was, RAN the whole way around the block when we all went for a walk together! Memories...

    ReplyDelete