About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Dear Dad...


Dear Dad,

Today I began painting the dining room. Not many people love to do that but you and I have that in common...we adore painting. Except that I almost spilled the bucket of paint...I thought you'd like that one.

Dear Dad,

We went to our little girl's soccer game today. There were three Granddad's there cheering on their grand kids. Sure wish you could have been there. You would have loved it. She scored 3 goals. We cheered enough for you to hear.

Dear Dad,

It's so cloudy here today. It looks like it might rain. Is it sunny where you are? We could use the rain. I've planted some seeds and hopefully my flowers will grow up soon. A lot of them are daisies. You would like the colors. The last time we saw you we put daisies all over you, remember?

Dear Dad,

I have a moment to myself now...it's rare. I'm left alone with my thoughts and wish I could talk to you. It's been four years since you've been gone. I've got so much to tell you. Do you think of me often? Will you be waiting for me with open arms when I get there? Make sure they let me grow flowers okay? I especially like daisies.

Dear Dad,
Four years...four long years without you. Some days it seems like it was just yesterday. Others, it seems like an eternity. It's hard to understand God's plan. All I know is that the world, my world is just not the same without you here. It's selfish I know, but I want you here. To celebrate with me the good times and the bad times. To see me goof up tremendously and then see me make great comebacks. I need my Dad. I want you to not ever forget that I think you're the best dad in the whole world. I love and miss you terribly!

Your loving daughter...

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful tribute to your dad. I know how you must miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful. I lost my Dad when I was 17 and even though it has been almost 23 years I still think of him daily and often wonder what he would think of the woman I have become. Would he be proud of the way my life has gone? I hope so. I may not have become "successful" in the job side of life but I have been successful in the "family" side of life. I have 4 beautiful boys and 3 wonderful step kids.
    He would be so proud of you I am sure of that, you have a beautiful family and a kind heart, the two most important things in the world!!!

    ReplyDelete