About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Happy 6th Birthday my sweet little girl...


Six years ago today we still had not decided completely on a name. Six years ago my husband thought that she was a "he". But one thing was for certain, six years ago today I knew I was in labor.

It took only a little over six hours of labor and one nurse telling me that the doctor just may not make it to the delivery because I progressed so fast at the end (go figure on that one...). Through gritted teeth and a smile, I believe I might have said something to the fact of "...then please tell him I won't need to pay him if he doesn't make it". Low and behold...in he waltzed. (wow...amazing!). She was beautiful.

We brought her home to two adoring siblings who basically kissed her for her entire first year, lugged her around the second and by the third year realized she could get into their stuff. She is our wild one. But with that fiery spirit comes such a love that overflows out to everyone. There is not a stranger she will meet and she has the easiest disposition...she always has.

For me, just seeing another birthday go by for her means that life is so short. I feel like it was just yesterday that we were deciding on her name. Next thing you know, we'll be wondering where she will go to college. For now, I just want to hold on to every minute I have with her and tell her just how special she is to all of us.

We love and adore you my sweet little girl...happy 6th birthday!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your sweet little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait a minute while I wipe the grandmommy tears off the keyboard so I can type. I can't believe how much she has changed just since Christmas and that is much too long since I've seen her and all of you! Happy Birthday, sweet baby girl!

    Love and miss you,
    Mom

    p.s. Now you know how I feel about MY baby girl! They grow up much too soon...

    ReplyDelete