About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The most wonderful time of the year...

"Hey honey, guess what time it is?" Oh no, not this again, I thought. "Oh yeah, that's right." It can't be March already. "Yep...it's the most wonderful time of the year", my husband sang all through the house. The kids laughed and I just hunker down for a month filled with basketball, brackets and more hoopin' and hollerin' than you could ever imagine.

You see, my husband adores college basketball. Every year at this time he lives and breathes all of the tournaments. I think if he had his way he'd love to take all his vacation time "in the month of March" just so he could watch basketball all day. After 17 years of marriage, I came to terms with this a long time ago, and I really don't fight it. However, every year I admit I find this time pretty hilarious.

Because wherever I am in the house you can hear him holler out, "Honey, come and see this play...I can't believe they called a foul." Now, most likely this month I'll be sewing (just to keep me from going crazy with non-stop basketball on TV). But I'm pretty sure you won't hear me yelling to my husband..."Hey honey, come take a look at this stitch I just put in this dress. Ooo-whee! It sure is a pretty one."

Thank goodness my husband's "most wonderful time of the year" comes only once...

No comments:

Post a Comment