About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Discovering fire for the first time...

A couple of weeks ago my cell phone died...my very old, very flip phoneish, very non-text archaic phone. You get the idea...it was simply a phone, nothing more. I have been fighting the entire technological thing for quite sometime. Texting was a word that was not in my vocabulary, the internet on your phone was overwhelming to someone like me and don't even get me started on trying to understand what "apps" are about.

...enter my dead phone...

After one week of zero phone at all, I decided very quickly that I had to "deal" with this issue and learn. So...I bought myself an iPhone. Oh my goodness, holy cow and whoo-hoo for me! I have been having so much fun with it. I am s-l-o-w-l-y learning how to text and understand everything this smart phone can actually do.

My little brother has an iPhone and had been bugging me about getting one too so we could do something called "face time". The other night my husband and I sat for a long time and did "face time" with my brother and his wife (who I might add is expecting their first baby). It was just like he was sitting in my kitchen having a great visit. I got to see their nursery, their apartment and "the baby bump" (so excited to be an aunt again). It was wonderful. My brother just laughed and laughed at me. He told me it was like watching two cavemen....

....discovering fire for the first time

No comments:

Post a Comment