About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Hee-haw...

It's been known to happen.  I wish I could say this was the first time...but alas, it's not.  It's probably like my bazillionth time...to do something, how shall I say it...stupid. 

I was at the gym this morning running on the treadmill.  I run three miles everyday.  Some mornings are great runs...others, well...let's just say, I probably should have stayed in bed that day.  Anyway, this morning was a great run.  I felt good, the pace was good and I was pushing myself pretty hard. 

While I run, I listen to music on my iPhone.  Okay, technically it's from an app on the iPhone called Pandora Internet radio.  Way cool!  If you're not familiar with it, it's just an app that you can choose your genre of music you want to listen to and it streams it in commerical free.  I'm sure there are thousands of these things, but in my own little world this is the one I know. I pick 80's cardio workout to run to...what can I say, I am a product of the 80's. 

Well, as my run got longer, my music was getting louder.  (I really hate to hear myself huffing and puffing so I try to drown it out with the music)  I was really focused on trying to go faster and I completely forgot where I was...the gym, I mean.  I mean, I knew I was on the treadmill...not that dumb.  Anyway, on comes this song...



...and I just couldn't help myself.  I was feeling good and wanted to sing along.  However, I hate to talk during my workouts so I just basically sang out one word throughout the run.  It's what I could sing out...way loud, because my music was so loud and you know, how everyone talks louder not really realizing it when they have music blaring in their ears. 

So, this is what people heard around me...

Thump, thump, thump, thump (went my feet on the treadmill), breathe, breathe, breathe, breathe... "HEE-HAW"... thump, thump, thump, thump, breathe, breathe, breathe, breathe... "HEE-HAW"... thump, thump, thump, thump, breathe, breathe, breathe... "HEE-HAW"... thump, thump...

You get the idea.  It wasn't until I realized that the two people 3 feet from me on either side were seriously giggling and looking at me.  "WHAT'S SO FUNNY?"  I commented...a little too loud.  Hit the stop button on the treadmill and then realized in the silence it was....who else, but me.

Man, it was a great run though...

1 comment: