About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Thursday, March 26, 2015

A really fun trip...


This past weekend I took the two little ones up to the great city of Minneapolis to go to a Regional swim meet for my daughter.  It's really rare that I have only 2 of my 4 kids with me going out of town, and even more rare that we were without Dad as well.  He been on a mission lately to follow his college basketball team (Kentucky) around the nation so we have a tendency to "lose" him a lot during championship basketball season.  He just adores going to the games.  Can't say that enough.  That's okay though.  After 22 years of marriage, I'm pretty use to it.  

Anyway…..

So I left the older two with Grandmom and her fiancé (more on that on another post) this weekend.  They seem to be in good hands there and so the little ones and I packed up the car and away we went.  The first thing my youngest daughter said to me was…."can we go to the Mall of America?"

Why of course she did.



What 10 almost 11 year old wouldn't want to go to a 5 story mall filled with any store you can think of, an amusement park filled with roller coasters and even a log ride, an 18 hole putt-putt golf course and my favorite, a maze of mirrors thingy you could go to.  That was where I drew the line though.  Me, mirrors and a maze put together just spelled disaster in my book.  So nope.  Not going in there.



So leaving early friday we headed to the mall to spend the day.  It was fun.  I'm not a "mall person" but I can really appreciate the vastness of everything there.  It was nice just to enjoy the things that the two younger ones love and not have to worry about the daily grind of life in general.

When it was all said and done, we were exhausted and happy.  What more could you want.



On Saturday and Sunday, my daughter swam in a regional swim meet.  She did awesome!  Her Medley relay got first and on many of her events she came in second and even third.  In the region.  I'm so proud of her.  They ran an extremely fast meet.  In less than an hour she swam five events both days.  She was worn out.  But oh so happy.  Way to go my little noodle!




No comments:

Post a Comment