About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Great restraint….

Yesterday we just happened to go to "chick days" at the Tractor Supply store here in town.



I. Showed. Great. Restraint.

If you ever want to see something so very cute go see some baby chicks.  Oh, have mercy.  Cuteness all rolled up into a fuzzy ball.  Makes you just want to say….I'll take 19 bazillion, please.


But no.

I walked out of there empty-handed.  Okay, technically my mom bought me the newest issue of Hobby Farm magazine, but it's just not a cute as a fluff ball.

Practicality won over this time.  I've got a house not done just yet on the farm.  A barn that needs a new roof and painted. A chicken coop that hasn't been renovated.  Yet.  And in our rental we are only suppose to have our one dog.

Hmmmm, I wonder if our landlord would notice if we hid the fluff balls under the bed.  Our luck they would all tattle on themselves with their little peeping.

It is hard right now to reign it all in.  I want to do it all.  Right now.  I want the chickens with the newly renovated coop.  I want the barn all spiffed up and painted.  I want the greenhouse and gardens all beautified.

Great restraint.  Trying to take baby steps in my kangaroo shoes.  Ain't easy folks….


No comments:

Post a Comment