About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Monday, August 31, 2015

First day of school….

This morning I watched my kids go to school….for the first time.  And that was hard.

Okay, technically my smallest one had gone to half day preschool before but my youngest daughter had never been to an actual school before.  I have been homeschooling children for the past 13 years.  And now, I watched as the kids waved goodbye and I handed over that baton to someone else.

Weird?  Yes.

But it was time.

I know that they are going to love it.  I know that they are going to make a boatload of friends.  And I know that this is what is best for them.

What I didn't know is that I'd feel so lost without them.

So what do you do with your first "alone" time in 13 years?  You mow.  And mow.  And mow so more.  And then you realize that your day has flown past.

And then you get to hear all about their day.

It's nice to step out of the role of teacher and back into the role of just momma.  It's what I love best.



No comments:

Post a Comment