About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Friday, November 20, 2009

Happy Friday, everyone!

There are days that I am so glad that my kids are home schooled. That my kids get to spend so much time with me...fun time. That my kids learn from doing and being out in the world and not just reading about it from behind a desk.

Today, as we headed out the door to go to the zoo (which I might add we had all to ourselves - one of the benefits of going during the "off season" - not to mention the fact that no school wants to do their one field trip in the cold)...I armed my kids with our digital camera and a photo scavenger hunt list and away they went. I loved seeing them race ahead screaming the things they saw on the list. Granted they fought about whose turn it was to take the picture (believe me, a remedy was quickly found), but they loved being outside and learning some different things about the animals they've seen thousands of times.

At the end of the morning I wanted to get one picture of all of us together, but there was no one around to take it (I'm not kidding...the entire place was empty...except us and the animals...and the way my kids were running around it was hard to tell which was which). So with the camera propped precariously on a railing, the timer on and six pictures later...here's what we got. Happy Friday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment