About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Filler'up...

Zoom....one kid ran past. Zoom...another kid ran past. Zoom...another kid ran past...wait...she backed up and squeezed me so tight and then...she was off again. Zoom!

I like to call this the kids "filler'up". Basically, what happens is that every so often my kids have to have a hug or kiss from me or my husband. They need to feel that love. Don't get me wrong...we love, hug and kiss on them all the time, but to them it's comforting to have hug "on the fly" while they dart away to play. It's the security that's always there for them. It's their way of saying..."sure do love you".

Now, I know that this will not last forever, but for now, if I see them zoom past and then "back that bus up" I just throw my arms open wide and enjoy the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment