About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

No tellin' what I'll find...

It's been 11 years and things have most definitely changed. Changed in some ways for the better...in some ways I just cannot understand. Yesterday, for the first time in 11 years...I bought a stroller. Now, I didn't want one of the "all-in-one" stroller thingys, I just needed a simple lightweight umbrella stroller. Our umbrella stroller was not going to make it on one more vacation (of course, I only paid $10.00 for it 11 years ago...what did we expect). So we began the crazy search for a reasonable umbrella stroller...

11 years ago you had one choice...basically. You didn't like it, too bad. If you were short, too bad or if you were tall, too bad. You didn't even get to choose the color. That's it.

Yesterday, I stood in front of at least 20 different kinds of umbrella strollers. I probably looked like I never got off the farm, with my eyes wide and mouth open and a dumbfounded look on my face. Each stroller offered this or that (none offered to do the laundry...or that one would have been paid for and in my trunk). And don't get me started on the amazing price differences between them. In the end, we ended up with a "middle of the road" stroller that hopefully will last another 11 years.

Please, oh please let it last...for no tellin' what I'll find in the stores then.

No comments:

Post a Comment