About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Moments like these...






You remember the story of Noah...the boat, the flood, the animals and all that rain...lots and lots of big ol' fat raindrops rain. Well, he had 40 days and 40 nights of it and we had only 24 hours...so really we can't complain. But...I'm bettin' that Noah didn't have to cook and take care of his 3 kids and a dog (without any help) and control the mud (lots and lots of mud) in a 16 x 20 space for 24 hours. I mean he might have just jumped ship, or at least been smart enough to not camp in the rain.


Actually, our camping trip was not that bad...o.k., yes, the mud was that bad and it did rain ALL DAY LONG...but it had it's moments...wonderful, moments. I loved it when all the kids were finally clean with pj's on and were snuggled in their sleeping bags and I got to read out loud to them chapter after chapter of a good book. I loved it when we broke out the card games and laughed so hard when one of us won. I loved the fact that in the middle of the night, my smallest reached into my sleeping bag and held my hand. And I especially loved the fact that no matter how hard it was during our camping trip, and how much rain and mud we had to deal with, I will never forget this moment.
I am so thankful that God gives me moments like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment