About Me

My photo
Married twenty-five years to my wonderful husband and best friend. We have 3 "home-grown" kids and 1 hand-picked by God from Africa. Our life is blessed. We are a close knit family with strong Christian beliefs. Come along with us on our journey…you might have a great laugh or two.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

It could only happen to us...

We picked up our new van today...again...with a brand new windshield installed. This time I'm going to have to chalk this one up to...it could only happen to us. You see, throughout our course of marriage my husband and I have had a few...how shall I say it...unusual things happen to us...to put it nicely.

When we first got married we were driving down a road in the pouring down rain. The road just happened to be closed due to flooding but you were not notified this in advance. So not seeing any signs, my husband was not able to stop in time and "barrelled" through a barricade (just like the Dukes of Hazzard...minus all the horn tooting) and right into the flooded area.

Sometime later, when we were driving (yet again) my husband hit a bat which then proceed to get wrapped around and stuck on our antenna (...a BAT...I thought they were suppose to notice something big like a car...figures we'd get the one "not-so-smart" bat).

Another time, my husband entered us both into the "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" show. I really didn't mind so much, I figured no one ever gets picked that we know...wrong again. They picked...yep, you guessed it...me. Now, if you personally knew both of us, you'd know that my husband is incredibly smart and me...well, I'm more of a "fall apart, spastic, over talker, crazy one"...in a nice sort of sense. Figures we'd get the producers who just wanted great reality TV.

There are hundreds more things that we have just chalked up to "it could only happen to us" and this windshield thing is one of them. So I guess...I'll just take it one day at a time...cause with our family...you just never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment